PROCEEDINGS OF THE MEETING OF THE MECHANICAL FAILURES PREVENTION GROUP (26TH), HELD AT THE IIT RESEARCH INST., CHICAGO, ILLINOIS ON MAY 17-19, 1977: REPORT ON MFPG DETECTION, DIAGNOSIS AND PROGNOSIS
Consists of 25 papers as follows: Statistical Analysis of Wear Metal Concentration Measurements in Oil..., K. Scheller and K. Eisentraut; Effective Fluid Analysis of Oil Wetted Systems..., R. Tessmann and G. Maroney; Oil Analysis/Wear Particle Analysis, P. Senholzi; Application of Ferrographic Lube Oil Analysis..., G. Rester; Effectiveness of the Real Time Ferrograph..., R. Valori; Ferrographic Separation of Organic Compounds, E. Bowen and V. Wescott; Mechanical Signature Analysis..., J. Mitchell; Spectrum Analysis and Machinery Monitoring, G. Lang; Comparison of Vibration Signature..., J. Frarey; The Role of Signal Processing..., J. Hamilton; Diagnostic Techniques..., R. Bannister, et al; Experimental Determination of Radial..., R. Leon; A New Chip Detector..., T. Tauber; Time Waveform Analysis..., J. Catlin; The Advent of Sophisticated Fluid Power Systems..., M. Wigton; Tire Degradation Monitoring, W. Lichodziejeswki; Use of Microprocessors..., Pictorial History of the Development of Proximity Probes..., L. Hoogenboom; DOT System for Train Accident Reduction, J. O'Steen; Comparison of Vibration Analysis Techniques..., W. Waldron; Maintenance Management Through Diagnosis, R. Salter; Vehicle Monitoring System, S. Hadden, et al; Systemized Diesel Engine Diagnostics..., H. Mercik, Jr.; Remote Diagnostic Techniques Used in Viking Lander Operations, P. Stafford.
- Sponsored in part by Office of Naval Research, Arlington, Va., Federal Aviation Administration, Washington, D.C. and National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Greenbelt, Md. Goddard Space Flight Center. See also AD-772 082.
National Bureau of StandardsGaithersburg, MD USA
Office of Naval ResearchDepartment of the Navy, 800 North Quincy Street
Arlington, VA USA 22217
Federal Aviation Administration800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20591
- Shives, T R
- Willard, W A
- Publication Date: 1977-9
- Pagination: 299 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic signature; Bearings; Detectors; Diagnosis; Diagnostic tests; Electromagnetic spectrum; Equipment tests; Failure; Fatigue (Mechanics); Ground vehicles; Lubricating oils; Meetings; Monitoring; Nondestructive tests; Vibration; Wear
- Uncontrolled Terms: Monitors
- Old TRIS Terms: Spectrum signatures; Test equipment
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00167372
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NBS-SP-494
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 27 2002 12:00AM