VALUE CAPTURE AND JOINT DEVELOPMENT APPLICATIONS: CHICAGO/LOUISVILLE/LOS ANGELES
The study presents highlights of findings, defines how value capture can be implemented, describes important legal, financial and community design issues associated with the value capture concept and summarizes the conclusions reached and the methodology employed in this research. In recognition of the diversity of legal, political, economic and physical situations in which mass transit development has and will occur, Value Capture Policy has been studied and is presented as an array of options. Central to Value Capture is a set of techniques which can be applied by a transit or community development entity. Each technique is designed to enable the entity to enhance and capture financial and/or community design benefits related to transit system implementation.
- See also report dated 1 Nov 74, PB-244 101.
Rice UniversityRice Center for Community Design and Research
Houston, TX USA 77001
Department of TransportationOffice of University Research, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Sharpe, C P
- Publication Date: 1977-1
- Pagination: 206 p.
- TRT Terms: City planning; Communities; Cost engineering; Economic analysis; Economic development; Finance; Forecasting; Joint development; Land use; Policy; Public transit; Rapid transit; Socioeconomic factors; Technology; Transportation planning; Urban development; Urban transportation; Value capture; Value engineering
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial management
- Geographic Terms: California; Chicago (Illinois); Illinois; Kentucky
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Environment; Finance; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00167320
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/TST-77/72 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-40007
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1981 12:00AM