REGIONAL ESTIMATES OF ELECTRICITY TECHNOLOGY AND TRADE 1963
The report is one of a series being written for the University Research Program, to present analyses of the results obtained using the multiregional input-output (MRIO) model for the United States. The present study resulted from a prototype energy and transportation study completed in 1974, entitled Multiregional Economic Impacts of Energy and Transportation Policies. After that study was completed, it became evident that improved regional estimates were required for the electricity data used. Although, these estimates are for 1963, many of the same data sources and procedures can be used to obtain estimates for more recent years. Detailed descriptions of each estimate, including its limitations, are provided. Also, a comprehensive explanation of the methods used to disaggregate the electricity, gas, and water industry data to obtain separate regional estimates for electricity. The methods used and the accounting conventions described will be valuable to users planning to disaggregate data for other industries.
- See also report dated Mar 75, PB-244 586.
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyDepartment of Civil Engineering, 77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA United States 02139
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Ng, N K
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic development; Economic policy; Electric power generation; Electric utilities; Energy; Estimates; Policy; Policy making; Regional development; Regional economics; Transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic policy making; Energy policies
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Policy; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00167316
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/TST-76/100
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-30104
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 2002 12:00AM