GOVERNOR CONTROL SYSTEM FOR THE TURBO TRAIN
The Turbo train is an exciting venture introduced recently to the rail industry. Due to its unique configuration and unprecendented features, its background is outlined to underscore highlights of this revolutionary innovation to transportation. This is helpful to appreciate why the electric governing control system was devised of this application and why the proportional actuator was chosen. Equal distribution of traction load among the multiturbines at both ends of the train is effected and the switching of the auxiliary electroc power unit at either end is facilitated. After the primary and secondary functions of the control system are outlined, the proportional actuator is then described and analyzed, followed by a detailed description and analysis of the electric governor control system.
- ASME Meeting May 24-28, 1970.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Long, L O
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Actuators; Control systems; Turbotrains
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00037187
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: ASME Paper 70-GT-117
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 20 1973 12:00AM