SENSITIVITY ANALYSIS OF FHWA STRUCTURAL MODEL VESYS II. VOLUME 1. PREPARATORY AND RELATED STUDIES
This is Volume 1 of a two-volume report and includes the results of studies preparatory to a detailed sensitivity analysis for the FHWA pavement structural model VESYS IIM, comparisons of predicted and measured pavement performance and recommendations for improvements to VESYS IIM. Volume 2 reports the results of the detailed sensitivity analysis itself. VESYS IIM is a comprehensive but very complex computer program currently requiring some 67 input values, about 27 of which are program control variables and the rest actual independent variables. Comparisons of VESYS IIM predicted responses to those actually measured for certain AASHO Road Test and Brampton Test Road Sections were made to test VESYS IIM capability for rational predictions. The effort is discussed in detail, and the results are presented.
- See also Volume 2, PB-271 988.
Austin Research Associates, Incorporated1901 Rutland Drive
Austin, TX USA 78758
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Rauhut, J B
- O'Quin, J C
- Hudson, W R
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Pagination: 264 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programming; Computer programs; Creep properties; Curve fitting; Deformation; Fees; Flexible pavements; Fracture mechanics; Mathematical models; Pavement performance; Performance evaluations; Sensitivity; Service life
- Identifier Terms: AASHO Road Test
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models
- Subject Areas: Design; Finance; Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00167271
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-76- 23 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8258
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1978 12:00AM