USING AN OUTFLOW METER TO PREDICT BRAKING TRACTION SPEED GRADIENTS AS A FUNCTION OF SURFACE TEXTURE
The outflow meter was tested for use in prediction at speed gradient properties of a surface for both peak and slide traction coefficients. Several analytical methods were used to correlate gradient to outflow time resulting in fair correlation coefficients. The results of this test show the outflow meter can only determine trends in speed gradients.
Riverdale, MD USA 20840
- Hinch, J
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Pagination: 40 p.
- TRT Terms: Braking; Dynamic braking; Flow measurement; Forecasting; Highway grades; Measuring instruments; Pavements; Road tests; Roughness; Slopes; Speed; Surface course (Pavements); Texture; Traction
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pavements; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00167270
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-802-584 Tech Rpt., T-1030
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1978 12:00AM