BRAZOS RIVER AUTHORITY REPORT ON ECONOMIC IMPACT AND TRAFFIC EVALUATION STUDY OF BARGE NAVIGATION ON THE BRAZOS RIVER
Contents: River navigation in the United States; The Brazos River traffic area; Historic traffic flows in the Brazos River area; Opportunities for new and expanded industry, mining, and agriculture as a result of availability of barge service on the Brazos River; Estimates of probable traffic flows diverted to the Brazos River; Direct impacts of navigability of the Brazos River; Estimated annual revenues from tolls and/or use charges for Brazos River waterway; Overall economic impact of Brazos navigation system; Environmental considerations.
- Sponsored in part by Economic and Industrial Research, Inc., Baton Rouge, La.
Brazos River AuthorityWaco, TX United States
Economic and Industrial Research, IncorporatedBaton Rouge, LA United States
Economic Development Administration14th Street, Between E St and Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Pagination: 317 p.
- TRT Terms: Agriculture; Barges; Bulk cargo; Costs; Economic development; Economic impacts; Freight transportation; Grain elevators; Industries; Mining; Revenues; Rivers; Ship pilotage; Taxes; Technical assistance; Trade; User charges; Water traffic; Water transportation; Waterways
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation costs
- Geographic Terms: Brazos River; Texas
- Old TRIS Terms: Barge traffic; Cargo transportation; River navigation; River traffic; Waterway transportation
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00167233
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EDA-77-0110
- Contract Numbers: EDA-08-6-01539
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1978 12:00AM