BRAZOS RIVER AUTHORITY REPORT ON ECONOMIC IMPACT AND TRAFFIC EVALUATION STUDY OF BARGE NAVIGATION ON THE BRAZOS RIVER
Contents: River navigation in the United States; The Brazos River traffic area; Historic traffic flows in the Brazos River area; Opportunities for new and expanded industry, mining, and agriculture as a result of availability of barge service on the Brazos River; Estimates of probable traffic flows diverted to the Brazos River; Direct impacts of navigability of the Brazos River; Estimated annual revenues from tolls and/or use charges for Brazos River waterway; Overall economic impact of Brazos navigation system; Environmental considerations.
- Sponsored in part by Economic and Industrial Research, Inc., Baton Rouge, La.
Brazos River AuthorityWaco, TX USA
Economic and Industrial Research, IncorporatedBaton Rouge, LA USA
Economic Development Administration14th Street, Between E St and Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Pagination: 317 p.
- TRT Terms: Agriculture; Barges; Bulk cargo; Costs; Economic development; Economic impacts; Freight transportation; Grain elevators; Industries; Mining; Revenues; Rivers; Ship pilotage; Taxes; Technical assistance; Trade; User charges; Water traffic; Water transportation; Waterways
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation costs
- Geographic Terms: Brazos River; Texas
- Old TRIS Terms: Barge traffic; Cargo transportation; River navigation; River traffic; Waterway transportation
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00167233
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EDA-77-0110
- Contract Numbers: EDA-08-6-01539
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1978 12:00AM