PROCEEDINGS AND FINDINGS OF THE 1976 WORKSHOP ON RIDE QUALITY
The workshop was organized around the study of the three basic transfer functions required to evaluate and/or predict passenger acceptance of transportation systems. These are the vehicle, passenger, and value transfer functions. For the purpose of establishing working groups corresponding to the basic transfer functions, it was decided to split the vehicle transfer function into two distinct groups studying surface vehicles and air/marine vehicles, respectively.
- Subm-Sponsored by NASA. Conf-Proc. Held at Fairlee, VT., 13-15 Oct. 1976.
University of Virginia, CharlottesvilleCenter for Transportation Studies, P.O. Box 400742
Charlottesville, VA United States 22904-4742
- KUHLTHAU, A R
- Publication Date: 1976-12-20
- Pagination: 86 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceptance; Aircraft; Analysis; Forecasting; Human factors; Human factors engineering; Mathematical prediction; Motor reactions; Passenger comfort; Passengers; Present value; Ride quality; Riding qualities; Transfer functions; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Acceptability; Value
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical techniques; Human reactions
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Data and Information Technology; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00167209
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NASA-CP-2006
- Contract Numbers: DOT-AS-60060
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1978 12:00AM