RE-USE PLANNING OF TRANSPORTATION PROPERTY ABANDONMENTS
The report describes means by which re-use considerations can be incorporated into decisions to abandon transportation properties, and presents legal, technical, and institutional means of assessing re-use potential for abandoned rail rights-of-way. The project suggests a planning and legislative paradigm by which state agencies can coordinate inevitable abandonment decisions with re-use strategies.
University of Iowa, Iowa CityIowa City, IA United States 52242
Department of TransportationOffice of University Research, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Dueker, K J
- Zimmerman, R
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Pagination: 334 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Coordination; Decision making; Land use; Mathematical models; Planning; Policy; Property acquisition; Railroad tracks; Recreation; Right of way (Land); State government; States; Transportation; Utilization
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00167131
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/TST-75/146 N13 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-40019
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 9 1977 12:00AM