ENGINEERING DESIGN - PROCEEDINGS OF THE 25TH MEETING OF THE MECHANICAL FAILURES PREVENTION GROUP HELD AT THE NATIONAL BUREAU OF STANDARDS, GAITHERSBURG, MARYLAND ON NOVEMBER 3-5, 1976
Contents: A systems approach to materials in design (Bruce P. Bardes); Probabilistic methods in design (Edward B. Haugen); The finite element method in structural analysis (Harry G. Schaeffer); NASTRAN thermal analyzer in interdisciplinary thermo-structural analyses (Hwa-Ping Lee); The use of cathode ray tube graphics as a computer aided design tool (Alyce Branum); Review of the processing and properties of pan graphite-aluminum composites (Roger T. Pepper, H. Gigerenzer and T. A. Zack); Composite inlays for jet engines (W. Troha and K. Swain); Stress concentrations in composite materials (G. Kardos); Elastohydrodynamic lubrication (L. B. Sibley); Polyfluoroalkyl-alkyl polysiloxane grease for instrument lubrication (John B. Christian); Antiwear and lubricity additives for lubricants (S. M. Hsu); Piezoelectric polymers and their applications (Seymour Edelman); Exoelectron emission--past experience and future expectations (W. J. Baxter); Detecting structural degradation by acoustic emission (Michael P. Kelly and Robert J. Schlamp); Negligence charges in products liability law can be used in engineering as safety design criteria (Raymond R. Hagglund); Prescription to reduce products liability losses--the defendant and products liability (John P. Arness), the plaintiff and products liability (Milton Heller); Safety analysis--qualitative, quantitative and cost effective (H. D. Wolf); A failure mode and effect analysis program to reduce mechanical failures (Richard R. Landers); Fault tree analysis as a part of mechanical systems design (J. B. Fussell and D. P. Wagner); Ion plating--concepts and applications (D. M. Mattox); Sputtering (T. Spalvins).
- Library of Congress Catalog Card no. 77-21810. Sponsored in part by Office of Naval Research, Arlington, Va., Frankford Arsenal, Philadelphia, Pa., Federal Aviation Administration, Washington, D.C., and Energy Research and Development Administration, Washington, D.C.
National Bureau of StandardsGaithersburg, MD USA
Office of Naval ResearchDepartment of the Navy, 800 North Quincy Street
Arlington, VA USA 22217
Federal Aviation Administration800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20591
- Shives, T R
- Willard, W A
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Pagination: 370 p.
- TRT Terms: Coatings; Composite materials; Design; Engineering; Failure; Meetings; Prevention; Reliability
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Subject Areas: Design; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00167130
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NBS-SP-487
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 9 2002 12:00AM