TRANSPORTATION AND THE RURAL COMMUNITY. REPORT ON THE WORKSHOP ON NATIONAL TRANSPORTATION PROBLEMS (1ST), MAY 30-31, 1974
The report summarizes the conference held in Washington, D.C., under the sponsorship of the Department of Transportation, Office of University Research. Bringing together DOT Staff and University Researchers involved in the rural transportation field, the participants addressed themselves to topics covering: The present state of rural transit; the relationship between transportation and rural development; the issue of abandonment; the level of transportation services required for a viable rural community; transportation mechanisms for small communities; the potential of new technology for solution of rural transportation problems.
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Pagination: 31 p.
- TRT Terms: City planning; Communities; Level of service; Meetings; Mobility; Planning; Rural areas; Technology; Transportation; Urban development; Urbanization
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00167087
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TST-75-11
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 29 2002 12:00AM