THE URBAN CONSORTIUM AND ITS TRANSPORTATION TASK FORCE - A FEDERAL PERSPECTIVE
The report provides an overview of the U. S. Department of Transportation's cooperative interactions with the Transportation Task Force of the Urban Consortium for Technology Initiatives. The Consortium is a coalition of 34 major urban governments which is developing an agenda of research, development, and demonstration needs and data packages in priority need areas. The report describes the logic which led to the formation of the Consortium, the various management mechanisms which evolved, the procurement and administrative approaches used, and the types of outputs which are being produced.
Office of Systems Development and TechnologyDepartment of Transportation, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Linhares, A B
- Paulhus, NGJ
- Publication Date: 1977-7
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Development; Federal government; Local government; Programming (Planning); Research; Technological innovations; Technology; Transportation operations; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development; Transportation management
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation administration
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Law; Public Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00167084
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TST-77-45 Sumry Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 1981 12:00AM