TRUCK NOISE X: NOISE REDUCTION OPTIONS FOR DIESEL POWERED INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER TRUCKS. VOLUME I. DEVELOPMENT WORK
Noise reduction option development work was carried out on two inservice diesel powered IH trucks, consisting of a Cab-over model and a Conventional model with a baseline exterior noise level of 87 dB(A) each. Since no specific noise goals were set, International Harvester established an exterior noise reduction goal of 83 dB(A). Then, for each vehicle, proper noise source identification techniques were applied and major contributors were established. The commercially available source noise reducing components were tested singly, and were selected based upon an optimum evaluation. The selected components were collectively installed on the trucks and cumulative performance in the total truck environment was found to be adequate to meet the established noise level goals.
- See also report dated Sep 76, PB-260 676 and Volume 2, PB-271 092.
International Harvester CompanyTruck Engineering Center
Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA 46801
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
- Razzacki, S T
- Publication Date: 1977-4
- Pagination: 157 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Diesel engines; Emission control systems; Engines; Exhaust gases; Fans; Mufflers; Noise; Noise control; Sound level; Trucks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Cooling fans; Engine noise
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00167068
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-OST-76-14-V1Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-721-1
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 1978 12:00AM