DIAGNOSTIC MOTOR VEHICLE INSPECTION DEMONSTRATION PROJECTS, PROGRAM ENGINEERING SUPPORT. VOLUME 10. APPENDIX I. EFFICIENCY OF FACILITY DESIGNS EMPLOYED
As part of the motor vehicle diagnostic inspection demonstration projects conducted under Title III of the Motor Vehicle Information and Cost Savings Act; Avco, in its role as engineering support contractor, has performed an efficiency assessment of facilities which are designed to conduct diagnostic-inspections. The experiences of the projects operated in the states of Alabama, Arizona and Tennessee, in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and in the District of Columbia form the basis of the evaluations. The intent is to develop operational designs which are compatible with a future, full scale implementation of diagnostic inspection.
- See also Volume 8, PB-270 996.
Avco Systems Division201 Lowell Street
Wilmington, MA USA 01887
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Joncas, K P
- Publication Date: 1977-7
- Pagination: 144 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamic lift; Alignment; Brakes; Cost engineering; Data collection; Design; Fuel systems; Headlamps; Inspection; Measuring instruments; Methodology; Motor vehicles; Performance; Planning; Project management; Recommendations; Safety; Steering gears; Test facilities; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Lifts; Projects
- Geographic Terms: Alabama; Arizona; Puerto Rico; Tennessee
- Old TRIS Terms: Motor vehicle engines
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00167055
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AVSD-0022-77-RR-Vol-10, DOT/HS-802-499, Final Report
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 29 2002 12:00AM