DIAGNOSTIC MOTOR VEHICLE INSPECTION DEMONSTRATION PROJECTS, PROGRAM ENGINEERING SUPPORT. VOLUME 8. APPENDIX G. VEHICLE-IN-USE STANDARDS
This document describes a methodology by which vehicle-in-use standards can be evaluated in terms of their contribution to improved vehicle condition, the associated costs of motor vehicle inspection to achieve improved VIU condition, and the societal benefits of reduced accidents through improved VIU condition. Both conceptual/analytical development and computer implementation are included in this document.
- See also Volume 7, PB-270 995, and Volume 10, PB-270 997.
Avco Systems Division201 Lowell Street
Wilmington, MA USA 01887
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Joncas, K P
- Publication Date: 1977-7
- Pagination: 182 p.
- TRT Terms: Algorithms; Cost engineering; Data collection; Errors; Failure; Industrial engineering; Information processing; Inspection; Mathematical models; Methodology; Motor vehicles; Performance; Project management; Safety; Social factors; Social impacts; Standards
- Uncontrolled Terms: Projects
- Geographic Terms: Alabama; Arizona; Puerto Rico; Tennessee; Washington (District of Columbia)
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00167054
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AVSD-0022-77-RR-Vol-8, DOT/HS-802-497, Final Report
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-5-01037
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 29 2002 12:00AM