DIAGNOSTIC MOTOR VEHICLE INSPECTION DEMONSTRATION PROJECTS, PROGRAM ENGINEERING SUPPORT. VOLUME 2. APPENDIX A. EVALUATION OF THE MEASUREMENT PERFORMANCE OF INSPECTION EQUIPMENT IN THE FIVE DEMONSTRATION PROJECTS AND IN SELECTED REPAIR AGENCIES
This report describes the conduct of this task on test vehicle engineering and presents pertinent results and conclusions. It is arranged as follows. Section 2 describes the specific objectives and requirements of the task. Section 3 provides details of the equipment and procedures used in the field operations and of the organization established to obtain the data. It also describes field operations. Section 4 discusses the general methodology used in analyzing the data, and describes the data reduction techniques employed. In Section 5, the detailed results of the state project evaluations are presented along with descriptions of special analyses employed. Section 6 provides the detailed results of the repair industry evaluations. Section 7 presents the conclusions drawn from these analyses. Section 8 lists the pertinent references. Appropriate appendixes provide supporting documents, data summaries, and supplemental analysis techniques.
- See also Volume 3, PB-270 795, and Volume 1, PB-270 794.
Avco Systems Division201 Lowell Street
Wilmington, MA United States 01887
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Joncas, K P
- Publication Date: 1977-7
- Pagination: 190 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamic lift; Alignment; Automobile repair shops; Brakes; Cost engineering; Data collection; Fuel systems; Headlamps; Information processing; Inspection; Measuring instruments; Methodology; Motor vehicles; Performance; Project management; Safety; Steering gears; Test facilities; Vehicle power plants; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Lifts; Projects
- Geographic Terms: Alabama; Arizona; Puerto Rico; Tennessee
- Old TRIS Terms: Motor vehicle engines; Repair shops
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Maintenance and Preservation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00167051
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AVSD-0022-77-RR-Vol-2, DOT/HS-802-491, Final Report
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-5-01037
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 29 2002 12:00AM