TOXICOLOGICAL TESTING OF SELECTED HAZARDOUS MATERIALS FOR TRANSPORTATION PURPOSES
A number of organic chemicals was subjected to selected toxicological tests prescribed for classification purposes in the Department of Transportation Hazardous Materials regulations. Some of these materials were also examined for skin corrosivity. Aqueous solutions of several common inorganic acids and bases were tested to establish dividing line between corrosive and non-corrosive concentrations. Test results are reported.
University of California, IrvineToxic Hazards Research Unit
Irvine, CA USA 92664
Aerospace Medical Research LaboratoryWright-Patterson Air Force Base
Dayton, OH USA 45433
Department of TransportationOffice of Hazardous Materials Operations, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Back, K C
- Thomas, A A
- MacEwen, J D
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Pagination: 70 p.
- TRT Terms: Chemicals; Corrosion; Hazardous materials; Organic compounds; Physiological aspects; Regulations; Safety; Testing; Tests; Toxicity
- Old TRIS Terms: Corrosive problems; Physiological factors
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00167050
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/MTB/OHMO-76/3 Intrm Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 16 1978 12:00AM