COMPUTER CODE FOR TRANSPORTATION NETWORK DESIGN AND ANALYSIS
This document describes the results of research into the application of the mathematical programming technique of decomposition to practical transportation network problems. A computer code called Catnap (for Control Analysis Transportation Network Analysis Program) has been developed in the course of this study; this code has the capability to solve the following problems: (1) The traffic assignment problem with fixed demands; (2) The transportation network design problem with or without a budget constraint; (3) The optimal staging problem for transportation network investments over a fixed time horizon. In this report the authors describe the basic structure and algorithms employed in Catnap and give actual numerical results obtained in some representative sample problems. These results indicated that Catnap is an improvement over existing transportation network codes, particularly for solving the network design problem.
- See also report dated Oct 76, PB-261 340.
Control Analysis Corporation800 Welch Road
Palo Alto, CA USA 94304
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
- Harvey, R P
- Robinson, D W
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Pagination: 126 p.
- TRT Terms: Algorithms; Analysis; Computer programming; Computer programs; Cost allocation; Decomposition; Linear programming; Mathematical models; Network analysis (Planning); Operations; Planning; Theory; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Decomposition (Mathematics); Network flows; Transportation models
- Old TRIS Terms: Allocations; Analytical techniques; Operations planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00167032
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-OST-77-39 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1059
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 1977 12:00AM