EXPERIMENTAL DESIGN PLAN FOR THE DOWNTOWN PEOPLE MOVER DEMONSTRATION PROJECTS
Shuttle Loop Transit (SLT) is a surface form of Automated Guideway Transit (AGT) which has demonstrated itself in a number of deployments throughout the country, namely, airports, recreational/amusement parks, and similar special purpose applications. The Urban Mass Transportation Administration (UMTA) has approved federal financing of demonstration systems in four cities (Cleveland, Houston, Los Angeles, and St. Paul) to establish the viability and desirability of this technology in more demanding general downtown applications. This document presents an experimental design (ExD) Plan for the Downtown People Mover (DPM) projects planned by UMTA. This ExD Plan is a structured evaluation approach, designed to permit the objective assessment of the individual demonstration projects and development of transferable evaluation conclusions.
Peat, Marwick, Mitchell and Company1025 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Rubin, R B
- Ellis, R H
- Publication Date: 1977-4
- Pagination: 194 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Automated guideway transit; Automatic control; Central business districts; Energy conservation; Evaluation; Highway traffic; Intelligent transportation systems; People movers; Transportation planning; Urban transportation; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Experimental design
- Geographic Terms: California; Minnesota; Ohio; Texas
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Automated guideway systems; Central city; Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00167025
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-DC-06-0162-77-1Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-60105T
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 29 1977 12:00AM