COMPUTER STUDY OF DYNAMIC LOADS CAUSED BY VEHICLE-TRACK INTERACTION
Computer analyses of vehicle and track described produce results regarding actual dynamic loads and manner in which various parameters of vehicle and track structure affect these loads; it is possible to decide how to alleviate high wheel-rail stresses caused by modern traffic and track conditions; possible solutions range from better track maintenance to different wheel-rail geometries to changes in stiffness and damping of trucks and track structure.
- ASME Meeting, April 15-16, 1969.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- MEACHAM, H C
- Ahlbeck, D R
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Dynamic loads; Dynamics; Information processing; Rail (Railroads); Train track dynamics; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Computer analysis
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00037169
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 69-RR-1
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 13 2002 12:00AM