ENERGY EFFICIENCY IMPROVEMENT TARGETS FOR THE TRANSPORTATION EQUIPMENT INDUSTRY (SIC 37). VOLUME 2. INDUSTRIAL PROGRAMS, CONSERVATION AND ENVIRONMENT. TARGET SUPPORT DOCUMENT
In accordance with section 374 of the Energy Policy and Conservation Act (EPCA), Pub. L. 94-163, the Federal Energy Administration (FEA) proposed industrial energy efficiency improvement targets for the ten most energy-consumptive manufacturing industries in the United States. This proposed target is based on the best available information and is established at the level which represents the maximum feasible improvement in energy efficiency that the Transportation Equipment Industry (Standard Industrial Classification 37) can achieve by January 1, 1980, taking into account considerations of the technological feasibility and economic practicability of using alternative operating procedures and more energy efficient technologies. The draft target represents the percentage reduction in energy consumed per unit of output or activity that can be achieved between calendar year 1972 and January 1, 1980.
- See also Volume 1, PB-260 068. Paper copy also available in set of 3 reports PC E11, PB-270 067-SET.
Kearney (AT) and Company, Incorporated100 South Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL United States 60606
Federal Energy AdministrationOffice of Industrial Programs, 12th & Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC United States 20461
- Publication Date: 1977-7-12
- Pagination: 259 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerospace industry; Aircraft industry; Benefit cost analysis; Bicycles; Carbuilders; Energy conservation; Energy consumption; Feasibility analysis; Industries; Motor vehicles; Motorcycles; Railroads; Shipbuilding; Ships; Technology assessment; Thermal efficiency; Transportation planning
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Energy; Environment; Marine Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00166780
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FEA/D-77/260
- Contract Numbers: FEA-CR-04-60612
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 1978 12:00AM