NEED TO RESOLVE METRO FUNDING: DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION. WASHINGTON METROPOLITAN AREA TRANSIT AUTHORITY
The report describes the problems facing the Congress, the Office of Management and Budget, the Department of Transportation, the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, and the local jurisdictions in funding the construction of the METRO subway system, bond interest costs, and bus and rail operating deficits.
- Report to the Congress.
U.S. General Accounting Office441 G Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20548
- Publication Date: 1977-6-29
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Costs; Deficits; Finance; Financing; Government funding; Rapid transit; Subsidies; Subways; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction costs; Financial management
- Geographic Terms: Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Bond papers; Interest; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Construction; Finance; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00166770
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PSAD-77-123
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 1981 12:00AM