DREDGING AMERICA'S WATERWAYS AND HARBORS--MORE INFORMATION NEEDED ON ENVIRONMENTAL AND ECONOMIC ISSUES: CORPS OF ENGINEERS (CIVIL FUNCTIONS). DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY. ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY
This report describes several aspects of dredging and dredged-material disposal, including environmental effects and risks, applicable legislation and litigation, criteria for disposal of dredged material, effects of alternative disposal methods, and research on dredging and dredged-material disposal.
- This is a report to the Congress.
U.S. General Accounting Office441 G Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20548
- Publication Date: 1977-6-28
- Pagination: 73 p.
- TRT Terms: Cost estimating; Dredged materials; Dredging; Ecology; Economic analysis; Environmental impacts; Estimates; Federal government; Harbors; Lagoons; Legislation; Management; Marine biology; Planning; Policy; Regulations; Solid waste disposal; Waste disposal; Water pollution; Waterways
- Uncontrolled Terms: Criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies; Lagoons ponds; Management planning; Waterways (Watercourses)
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Environment; Law; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00166769
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CED-77-74
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 1978 12:00AM