NUCLEAR POWERED TANKER. MARITIME DESIGN STUDY FOR 600,000 DWT NUCLEAR TANKER. VOLUME 3. SHIP SAFETY
The study extended over a period of approximately six months. In terms of budgetary estimates, an economic evaluation was performed for ship construction cost, ship refueling and drydocking cost, first of a kind ship construction cost, ship manning cost, and contingencies. Additionally, recommendations are made as a result of the ship safety studies.
- See also Volume 2, PB-269 724. Paper copy also available in set of 5 reports, PC E17, PB-269 722-SET.
Newport News Shipbuilding and Dry Dock CompanyHull Technical Department
Newport News, VA United States 23607
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-12
- Pagination: 379 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Design; Docking; Economic analysis; Fire prevention; Fires; Manning requirements; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Propulsion; Quality assurance; Quality control; Radiation hazards; Radiation shielding; Radioactive waste disposal; Radioactive wastes; Refueling; Safety; Shipbuilding; Tankers; Very large crude carriers
- Old TRIS Terms: Drydocking; Marine nuclear propulsion; Nuclear reactor safety; Ship construction costs; Tanker ships
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Finance; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00166761
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA/RD-920-77045 Final Rpt., 1010-M/1-Vol-3
- Contract Numbers: MA-5-38022
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 29 1978 12:00AM