NUCLEAR POWERED TANKER. MARITIME DESIGN STUDY FOR 600,000 DWT NUCLEAR TANKER. VOLUME 2. PRELIMINARY DESIGN
The study extended over a period of approximately six months. The principal objectives of the study were to develop the preliminary design for a 600,000 DWT nuclear powered ULCC, perform ship safety analyses, develop a preliminary quality assurance program, develop a ship construction schedule of key events, develop the shipyard/reactor manufacturer scope of supply, define the interfaces specifically related to the nuclear propulsion plant.
- See also Volume 1, PB-269 723. Paper copy also available in set of 5 reports PC E17, PB-269 722-SET.
Newport News Shipbuilding and Dry Dock CompanyHull Technical Department
Newport News, VA United States 23607
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-12
- Pagination: 236 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Costs; Design; Drydocks; Economic analysis; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Propulsion; Quality assurance; Quality control; Refueling; Safety; Scheduling; Shipbuilding; Tankers; Very large crude carriers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction costs; Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Marine nuclear propulsion; Nuclear reactor construction; Nuclear reactor safety; Ship construction costs; Tanker ships
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Economics; Finance; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00166760
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA/RD-920/770043V2 Final Rpt., 1010-M/1-Vol-2
- Contract Numbers: MA-5-38022
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 29 1978 12:00AM