WHY URBAN SYSTEM FUNDS WERE SELDOM USED FOR MASS TRANSIT: FEDERAL HIGHWAY AND URBAN MASS TRANSPORTATION ADMINISTRATIONS. DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
The report discusses the reasons local communities seldom used Urban System highway funds for mass transit projects as authorized by the 1973 Highway Act, and contains several options which the Congress could take to provide additional incentives for using highway funds for mass transit projects.
- Record URL:
U.S. General Accounting Office441 G Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20548
- Publication Date: 1977-3-18
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Federal assistance programs; Finance; Legislation; Local government; Public transit; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial management
- Subject Areas: Finance; Law; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00166720
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CED-77-49
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 2002 12:00AM