DEVELOPMENT OF NEW DESIGN FOR RAILROAD FLATCAR TO CARRY CARGO CONTAINERS AND HIGHWAY TRAILERS INTERCHANGEABLY
Review of approach taken to evolve new design by initial writing of set of general specifications, purchase from each of four car builders of prototype, laboratory testing and period of service testing for each prototype, writing of final specifications for production car, and final performance testing of production model; data on end wall force measurements on containers, longitudinal restraint force, and trailer kingpin forces at various speeds of coupling impacts are presented for final production design.
- ASME Meeting, November 16-20, 1969.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Brodeur, R H
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Commodities; Containers; Flat cars; Freight transportation; Trailers; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Car design
- Subject Areas: Design; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00037165
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 69-WA/RR-1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 13 2002 12:00AM