TOURISM AND VACATION TRAVEL: STATE AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT PLANNING (A BIBLIOGRAPHY WITH ABSTRACTS)
Economic and socioeconomic aspects of vacation travel and tourism in various localities of the United States are documented. Most of these studies deal with the use of tourism for the economic development of local communities. Special attention is given to wilderness, coastal zone, lake, waterway, and Indian Reservation areas. Planning for scenic and historic areas is cited. (This updated bibliography contains 105 abstracts, 26 of which are new entries to the previous edition.)
- Supersedes NTIS/PS-77/0575, NTIS/PS-77/0292, NTIS/PS-76/0306, and NTIS/PS-75/148.
Alexandria, VA USA 22312
- Adams, G H
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Pagination: 110 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; City planning; Coastal zone management; Communities; Economic development; Economic factors; Historic sites; Indian reservations; Local government; Native Americans; Natural resources; Planning; Recreation; Regional planning; Socioeconomic factors; State government; Tourism; Travel; Urban development; Waterways; Wilderness areas
- Old TRIS Terms: Wilderness
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; History; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Society;
- Accession Number: 00166640
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 1978 12:00AM