DIAGNOSTIC MOTOR VEHICLE INSPECTION DEMONSTRATION PROJECTS, PROGRAM ENGINEERING SUPPORT. VOLUME 6. APPENDIX E. TECHNICAL BASIS FOR COST BENEFITS ANALYSIS
This report details the technical basis or strategy for performance of cost-benefit analysis of motor vehicle inspections using data collected by the participating states. This strategy, involving only direct measures of project performance, is designed to answer the question posed by the evaluation objective; namely, 'Does diagnostic inspection save the motorist money by reducing his aggregate repair costs and improving his gas mileage.' Section 2 presents repair and maintenance cost evaluations. Section 5 deals separately with the fuel economy evaluation.
- See also Volume 5, Appendix D, PB-270 994.
Avco Systems Division201 Lowell Street
Wilmington, MA United States 01887
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Joncas, K P
- Publication Date: 1977-7
- Pagination: 126 p.
- TRT Terms: Benefit cost analysis; Classification; Data collection; Economic conditions; Evaluation; Inspection; Maintenance; Motor vehicles; Savings; States
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic surveys
- Subject Areas: Economics; Maintenance and Preservation;
- Accession Number: 00166517
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AVSD-0022-77-RR-Vol-6, DOT-HS-802-495
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-5-01037
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 29 2002 12:00AM