TRANSPORTATION IN AMERICA'S FUTURE: POTENTIALS FOR THE NEXT HALF CENTURY. PART 2. TRANSPORTATION FORECASTS
Contents: Transportation demand and energy estimates; Transportation trends and issues under three futures for 1995; Prospects for new and improved transportation systems by 2025 (Air, Avionics, Shipping, Pipelines and tunnels, Railroads, Intercity buses, Highways and streets, Trucking, Automobiles, Urban transit and rail, Paratransit, Pedestrian aids and bikeways, Elderly and handicapped services); Electric and hybrid automobiles; Innovative urban systems; Automated highway system; A generic approach to advanced freight systems; Tracked levitated vehicles, improved passenger trains and buses; The successful SST; Some transportation implications of future telecommunications technology; Transportation problems and opportunities.
- See also Part 1, PB-270467.
Stanford Research Institute333 Ravenswood Avenue
Menlo Park, CA United States 94025
Department of TransportationAssistant Secretary for Policy and International Affairs, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Curry, D
- Carlson, R
- HENDERSON, C
- Mandel, T
- Mitchell, A
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Pagination: 343 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Automation; Bus transportation; Electric vehicles; Energy; Forecasting; Freight transportation; Highway transportation; Hybrid vehicles; Intelligent transportation systems; Magnetic levitation vehicles; Motor carriers; Multimodal transportation; Paratransit services; Passenger transportation; Pipelines; Railroad transportation; Socioeconomic factors; Supersonic aircraft; Supersonic transport planes; Technological forecasting; Tracked vehicles; Travel demand; Urban transportation; Water transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Cargo transportation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Aviation; Economics; Energy; Environment; Freight Transportation; Highways; Marine Transportation; Motor Carriers; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Pipelines; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00166511
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/TPI/20-77/21-2 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-60160
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 29 1981 12:00AM