ECONOMIC ANALYSIS OF ROADWAY OCCUPANCY FOR FREEWAY PAVEMENT MAINTENANCE AND REHABILITATION. VOLUME 3. PROGRAM DOCUMENTATION
A computer program developed to perform an Economic Analysis of Roadway Occupancy for Maintenance and Rehabilitation EAROMAR is documented. Input includes pavement design, thickness, lanes, project length, initial and final year traffic. The program generates hourly traffic volume by trip purpose, direction and year; vehicle operational cost as a function of vehicle weight, speed and project design alignment; value of time by trip purpose, income level and time loss, annual workload by activities; activity production rates and labor, equipment and material requirements. The information used in a roadway maintenance occupancy simulation subject to constraints on work crews and roadway occupancy. The influence of roadway occupancy on motorist is executed hourly for each activity and lane closure. The resulting operational, time, accident and pollution impacts are combined for all feasible closures including traffic detours and crossovers and output in a series of optional reports.
- Record URL:
- See also Volume 2, PB-270 275. Also available in set of 4 reports PC E12, PB-270 272-SET.
Byrd, Tallamy, MacDonald & Lewis2921 Telestar Court
Falls Church, VA United States 22042
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Butler Jr, B C
- Hopkins, S W
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Pagination: 325 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Driver rehabilitation; Economic analysis; Equipment; Freeways; Highway traffic; Income; Information processing; Labor costs; Labor market; Maintenance; Materials; Mathematical models; Motor vehicles; Operating costs; Pavement design; Pavement maintenance; Pavements; Pollution; Speed; Thickness; Traffic safety; Traffic speed; Traffic volume
- Uncontrolled Terms: Pavement thickness; Rehabilitation
- Old TRIS Terms: Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Environment; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Materials; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00166493
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-76- 16, FCP 35E1-012
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8132
- Files: NTIS, NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 29 1977 12:00AM