ECONOMIC ANALYSIS OF ROADWAY OCCUPANCY FOR FREEWAY PAVEMENT MAINTENANCE AND REHABILITATION. VOLUME 2. USERS MANUAL
A computer program was developed to perform an Economic Analysis of Roadway Occupancy for Maintenance and Rehabilitation EAROMAR. The user specifies the pavement design and traffic. The program generates hourly traffic volume by trip purpose, direction and year; vehicle operational cost as a function of vehicle weight, speed and project design alignment; value of time by trip purpose, income level and time loss, and annual workload by activity. The influence of roadway occupancy on the motorist is executed hourly for each activity and lane closure. The resulting operational, time, accident and pollution impacts are combined for all feasible closures including - traffic detours and crossovers. A 10-mile section of eight-lane portland cement concrete was analyzed over 20 years.
- See also Volume 1, PB-270 274. Also available in set of 4 reports PC E12, PB-270 272-SET.
Byrd, Tallamy, MacDonald & Lewis2921 Telestar Court
Falls Church, VA USA 22042
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Butler Jr, B C
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 197 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Computer programs; Cost engineering; Crashes; Design; Driver rehabilitation; Economic analysis; Economic factors; Freeways; Highway operations; Highway traffic; Highway travel; Highways; Impact studies; Lane closure; Maintenance; Motor vehicles; Operating costs; Pavement maintenance; Pavements; Portland cement concrete; Systems analysis; Time; Traffic; Traffic crashes; Traffic volume
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents; Rehabilitation
- Old TRIS Terms: Lane closing; Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Geotechnology; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management; Pavements; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00166492
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-76- 15, FCP 35E1-012
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8132
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 29 1977 12:00AM