CONCRETE MEDIAN BARRIER RESEARCH. VOLUME 2. RESEARCH REPORT
A comprehensive research program was conducted to appraise performance of concrete median barriers. Investigations included twenty-four crash tests which evaluated performance of barrier profiles, precast designs, and end treatments. Theoretical investigations using a mathematical crash simulation program identified a new barrier shape which was crash tested to compare performance with currently used profiles. Load and stability criteria were determined from experiments and used to analyze barrier alternatives. This volume is the second of two.
- See Volume 1 dated March 76, PB-270109.
Southwest Research Institute6220 Culebra Road, P.O. Drawer 28510
San Antonio, TX United States 78228-0510
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Bronstad, M E
- Calcote, L R
- Kimball, C E
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Pagination: 468 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete structures; Crash injury research; Crashes; Loads; Median barriers; Performance tests; Precast concrete; Research; Simulation; Stability (Mechanics)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00166485
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-77- 4 Final Rpt., SWRI-03-3716-2
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8130
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 27 1978 12:00AM