THE DEVELOPMENT AND TESTING OF PARENT INVOLVEMENT IN DRIVER EDUCATION
A driver education program (PAIRED Program) which integrated professional in-class instruction with parent-supervised on-road driving practice was developed in this project. Instructional materials (Parent Handbook, Implementation Guide for Instructors, and Instructional Cards) were developed to supply the necessary tools of instruction. The program was introduced in a pilot test in three schools--an affluent suburban school, a middle-class urban school, and an inner-city urban school. The program was planned in two levels--model program (MP) (full parent participation including meetings with driver education instructors) and materials-only (MO) program. Due to the limited response on the part of parents in the urban schools, the MP was implemented only in the suburban school. The MO program was implemented in the suburban school and the urban schools. The primary difficulty was gaining the initial cooperation and participation of the parents.
- See PB-241 210.
Human Resources Research Organization International, Incorporated66 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 400
Alexandria, VA USA 22314
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Reaser, J M
- McBride, R S
- Rosen, T
- Rimm, M
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Pagination: 259 p.
- TRT Terms: Adolescents; Adults; Central business districts; Cooperation; Driver training; Drivers; Families; Human factors; Manuals; Measures of effectiveness; Meetings; Performance; Project management; Public participation; Schools; Specialized training; Suburbs; Testing; Training; Urban areas
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness; Instructional materials; Projects
- Old TRIS Terms: Central city
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Education and Training; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00166460
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: HumRRO-TR-75-22 Final Rpt., DOT-HS-802-079
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-5-00993
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 28 1978 12:00AM