EVOLUTION OF THE KNOXVILLE TRANSPORTATION BROKERAGE SYSTEM
A demonstration project designed to explore the feasibility and transportation service impacts of the transportation brokerage concept is currently underway in Knoxville, Tennessee. The transportation broker seeks to identify and match transportation supply and demand across a wide range of users, providers, and modes. The report describes the brokerage system concept and documents the activities leading to the implementation of the brokerage system in Knoxville. Included is a discussion of the various institutional and regulatory barriers to participation by private providers and how some of these were overcome. The Knoxville pre-operational experience is potentially of interest and applicability to other locales.
CACI, Incorporated1815 North Fort Myer Drive
Arlington, VA USA 22209
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Skorneck, A J
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Pagination: 72 p.
- TRT Terms: Coordination; Demand; Facilities; Level of service; Marketing; Private enterprise; Regulations; Supply; Systems analysis; Transportation; Transportation planning; Urban transportation; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services; Supply and demand
- Geographic Terms: Tennessee
- Old TRIS Terms: Supply economics; Transportation system analysis
- Subject Areas: Economics; Law; Society; Transportation (General); Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00166459
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-UMTA-77-10 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1082
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 28 1981 12:00AM