UNCERTAINTIES IN ESTIMATES OF FLEET AVERAGE FUEL ECONOMY: A STATISTICAL EVALUATION
Research was performed to assess the current Federal procedure for estimating the average fuel economy of each automobile manufacturer's new car fleet. Test vehicle selection and fuel economy estimation methods were characterized statistically and sources of uncertainty identified.
Environmental Impact Center, Incorporated67 Chapel
Newton, MA United States 02158
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Rabe, F T
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Pagination: 63 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Energy; Estimating; Fuel conservation; Fuel consumption; Mathematical models; Measurement; Quality of work; Standardization; Statistical analysis; Testing; Variables
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Energy; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00166456
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-OST-77-32 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1311
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 28 1978 12:00AM