VALIDATION OF AN AIRPORT SIMULATION MODEL
This paper describes the validation of an airport simulation model, called DELCAP for DELay CAPacity, the two quantities which it measures, for use in estimating the traffic rates attainable at major busy U.S. airports. The simulation model outputs are compared to those of other models for simple cases to which both apply and to actual throughput data for several airports, with differences usually less than 6 to 8 percent.
- Sponsored in part by Federal Aviation Administration, Washington, D.C. Pub. in Proceedings, Bicentennial Winter Simulation Conference, Gaithersburg, Md. 6-8 Jun 76, v1 p273-277 1976.
National Bureau of StandardsGaithersburg, MD USA
Federal Aviation Administration800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20591
- GILSINN, J F
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic; Air traffic control; Airports; Estimating; Mathematical models; Simulation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models
- Old TRIS Terms: Proving; Rates per time
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00166452
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 28 2002 12:00AM