CLEVELAND NEIGHBORHOOD ELDERLY TRANSPORTATION DEMONSTRATION PROJECT
The document is a final evaluation report of the Cleveland Neighborhood Elderly Transportation (NET) System. The Cleveland NET Project was implemented in March 1975 with the purpose of providing personalized door-to-door transportation services for elderly persons within three inner-city neighborhoods. Operations and vehicle maintenance were provided by the Cleveland Transit System/Regional Transit Authority on a daily basis with 12 buses specifically designed and equipped to serve the elderly and the elderly-handicapped. Service was obtained at 10 cents per ride by telephoning a scheduling/dispatching center. The document describes the Cleveland NET Demonstration Project in terms of the description and operation of the transportation system, the operational agencies involved, the test area, and the operational results. It also includes an analysis of the operational problems encountered, the costs incurred, and the suggested means for improving service and reducing the costs. Results of the surveys of users and non-users of the service are also presented in an attempt to assess the social impacts and benefits relative to costs.
Crain and Associates120 Santo Margarita Avenue
Menlo Park, CA United States 94025
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Research, Development and Demonstration
Washington, DC United States 20590
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Crain, J
- Publication Date: 1977-4
- Pagination: 168 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Benefit cost analysis; Demand responsive transportation; Demonstration projects; Door to door service; Facilities; Level of service; Management; Marketing; Operating costs; Persons with disabilities; Urban areas; Urban transportation; Vehicle maintenance; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services
- Geographic Terms: Ohio
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00166449
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-OH-06-0018-77-1Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1081
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 28 1981 12:00AM