GENERAL VEHICLE TEST INSTRUMENTATION EVALUATION
A General Vehicle Test System (GVTS) has been developed by the Transportation Systems Center, Cambridge, Massachusetts to facilitate rail transit vehicle testing at the Transportation Test Center (TTC), Pueblo, Colorado. This system was designed to be responsive to requirements specified in the publication GENERAL VEHICLE TEST PLAN (GVTP) for URBAN RAIL TRANSIT CARS, report number UMTA-MA06-0025-75-14. This report presents the results of evaluation tests carried out on the GVTS at the TTC, Pueblo, Colorado, in May 1975. The GVTS is an integrated instrumentation system consisting of transducers, signal conditioners, signal filters, interface and control electronics, a data acquisition system, signal monitoring and output devices, and all related hardware and software. The objective of this test series is to evaluate the performance of the instrumentation system under actual rail transit operating conditions. Parameters evaluated include vehicle current, voltage, acceleration/vibration pressure, pressure, temperature, displacement, and strain. The GVTS as tested provides 37 of the 48 required Standard Outputs described in the GVTP.
- Record URL:
- See also report dated September 75, PB-250575. General Vehicle Test Plan RRIS 03, 133090, 7701 Bulletin.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Rail Technology, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Babb, L V
- Publication Date: 1977-3
- Pagination: 214 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceleration (Mechanics); Data collection; Dislocation (Geology); Dynamic loads; Electronic equipment; Evaluation; Instrumentation; Maintenance equipment; Measuring instruments; Passenger cars; Railroad cars; Rapid transit; Rapid transit cars; Research; Specifications; Strain (Mechanics); Test facilities; Testing; Tests; Urban transportation; Vibration; Voltage
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic response
- Old TRIS Terms: Rapid transit railways; Strains; Test sets
- Subject Areas: Public Transportation; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00166445
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-UMTA-77-12 Final Rpt., UMTA-MA-06-0025-77-9
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 28 1981 12:00AM