BIKE ED '77 - A CONFERENCE REPORT, MAY 4-6, 1977, WASHINGTON, D.C
This is the report of the National Bicycle Safety Education Conference held in Washington, D.C. on May 4-6, 1977 and jointly sponsored by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and the U.S. Department of Transportation. Included in the report are proceedings of the conference, summaries of major speeches, summaries of workshops and recommendations for future action. Two areas of particular interest are an analysis of car-bicycle accident data and a model for planning bike safety educational programs.
- Sponsored in part by Department of Transportation, Washington, D.C. See also PB-269 268.
Johnson (Lawrence) and Associates, Incorporated4545 42nd Street NW, Suite 103
Washington, DC United States 20016
Consumer Product Safety Commission1750 K Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20006
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Pagination: 106 p.
- TRT Terms: Bicycles; Consumer protection; Crash rates; Cyclists; Education; Highway transportation; Mathematical models; Meetings; Project management; Safety; Safety education; Safety equipment; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models; Motor vehicle accidents
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Education and Training; Highways; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00166427
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: CPSC-C-77-0027
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 28 1978 12:00AM