COLLECTION OF COMMERCIAL AIRCRAFT CHARACTERISTICS FOR STUDY OF RUNWAY ROUGHNESS
Engineering data compatible with 'TAXI' computer program was collected for six commercial jet aircraft: the Boeing 707-320C, 727-200, and 747 and the McDonnell Douglas DC-8-63, DC-9-40 and the DC-10-10. The data are presented in the form required by TAXI. A simulation was made for each aircraft taking off from two separate airfields, Dulles International in Washington, D. C. and Will Rogers International Airport at Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Two profiles were used to point out the differences in aircraft response to different runway profiles. The calcomp plotted results are presented in the results section of this report. This report also serves as a program users manual. A sample problem simulating a Boeing 707-320C during a constant speed taxi (100 ft/sec) over the profile at the Will Rogers International Airport is included in the report. All FORTRAN symbols used in TAXI are defined, and a complete listing of the program is included. An appendix provides airplane data representing a 'Typical' wide body tri-jet transport and two simulations using this data.
- Availability: Microfiche copies only.
Air Force Civil Engineering CenterTyndall AFB, FL United States 32403-5319
- GERARDI, A G
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Pagination: 136 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport runways; Civil aircraft; Civil aviation; Computer programs; Couplers; Dynamic loads; Equations of motion; International airports; Jet transports; Landing; Landing fields; Landing gear; Needs assessment; Pavements; Programming manuals; Roughness; Simulation; Taxiing; Weight
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic response; Profiles; User needs
- Geographic Terms: Oklahoma; Virginia; Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Aircraft landing
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Pavements; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00166426
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AFCEC-TR-75-23, FAA-RD-76-64
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA73WAI-361
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Sep 28 2002 12:00AM