HIGH VELOCITY JET NOISE SOURCE LOCATION AND REDUCTION. TASK 1. SUPPLEMENT. CERTIFICATION OF THE GENERAL ELECTRIC JET NOISE ANECHOIC TEST FACILITY
This report summarizes the certification testing of the General Electric Jet Noise Anechoic Test Facility to be used under the subject program. The precision and accuracy of acoustic measurements are evaluated in terms of: anechoic and far-field environment; ambient levels in the chamber; contamination from piping and combustors; contamination from electronic noise floor; variation of the frequency response of the data acquisition and reduction systems; inaccuracies in aerodynamic instrumentation or fluctuations in the jet aero conditions; and precision errors in the air attenuation model due to environmental fluctuations, gradients and measurement inaccuracies. Jet noise measurements from circular conical nozzles are compared with classical reference data.
- Supplement to Rept. no. R77AEG187 dated 22 Feb 77, AD-A041 848.
General ElectricMarine Turbine & Gear Engineer, 1100 Western Ave
Lynn, MA United States 01910
- Savell, C T
- Stringas, E J
- Publication Date: 1977-2-22
- Pagination: 236 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Aircraft noise; Anechoic chambers; Jet engines; Jet propelled aircraft; Laser velocimeters; Microphones; Noise control; Scale models; Sound attenuation; Test facilities; Test stands; Velocity; Wind tunnels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft engines; High velocity; Noise reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Acoustic reflection; Jet plane noise
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Bridges and other structures; Environment; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00166420
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: R77AEG188, FAA-RD-76-79-1a
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-30034
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Sep 28 2002 12:00AM