REGULATORY AND OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES AS RELATED TO TRANSPORTATION ACCIDENTS
This report discusses the functional responsibilities of the different parties involved in dealing with transportation accidents. The views presented are based on present practices, existing regulations, discussions with many of the groups involved, and available formal opinions. The report is intended to encourage consideration of the programs and procedures necessary to deal with those few transportation accidents involving radioactive materials that may be expected to occur each year. For purposes of this report, a transportation accident is divided into four phases -- an initial phase, a containment phase, a cleanup phase, and a cost recovery phase.
Nuclear Regulatory Commission1717 H Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20555
- Barker, R F
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Containers; Crash risk forecasting; Crashes; Disasters and emergency operations; Hazardous materials; Hazards; Liabilities; Radioactive materials; Radioactive materials; Risk analysis; Risk assessment; Safety; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Emergency procedures
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00166398
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NUREG-0179
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM