FORECASTING MARINE TRANSPORTATION REQUIREMENTS FOR IMPORTS TO MIDDLE EASTERN OIL-EXPORTING COUNTRIES: 1976-1985. VOLUME 2. RESEARCH FINDINGS
The transport systems, particularly ports and related infrastructure, of each OPEC country are described in detail. Planned and probable expansions are compared to the handling requirements given by the trade forecasts. Direct maritime routes and mixed-mode routes using transit ports and overland connections are employed to assess probable future congestion conditions. The report includes a comparison of freight rates from U.S. and North European ports. Prospects for the Suez Canal are also examined. Volume II presents the basic research findings for each OPEC country and for the countries as a group, with emphasis on trade with the United States.
- Set includes PB-268461 thru PB-268463.
CACI, Incorporated1815 North Fort Myer Drive, Policy Sciences Division
Arlington, VA United States 22209
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Abolfathi, F
- Keynon, G
- Hazlewood, L
- Harvey, W
- Hleihel, S
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Pagination: 114 p.
- TRT Terms: Exports; Forecasting; Foreign; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Imports; International trade; Market assessment; Ports; Rates; Routes; Shipping; Specifications; Water traffic; Water transportation
- Identifier Terms: Suez Canal
- Uncontrolled Terms: Freight rates; Requirement
- Geographic Terms: Middle East; Persian Gulf
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Rates costs
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00166379
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-940-7082 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MA-6-38064
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM