FORECASTING MARINE TRANSPORTATION REQUIREMENTS FOR IMPORTS TO MIDDLE EASTERN OIL-EXPORTING COUNTRIES: 1976-1985. VOLUME 1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
The study presents tonnage forecasts of trade between the United States and Middle East OPEC members for 1980 and 1985. OPEC imports are divided into 18 commodity groups and nonpetroleum exports into five groups. Each OPEC member's total trade is considered first and market shares are used to identify U.S. participation. The transport systems, particularly ports and related infrastructure, of each OPEC country are described. Planned and probable expansions are compared to the handling requirements given by the trade forecasts.
- Set includes PB-268461 thru PB-268463.
CACI, Incorporated1815 North Fort Myer Drive, Policy Sciences Division
Arlington, VA United States 22209
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Abolfathi, F
- Keynon, G
- Hazlewood, L
- Harvey, W
- Hleihel, S
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Exports; Forecasting; Foreign; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Imports; International trade; Market assessment; Ports; Rates; Routes; Shipping; Specifications; Water traffic; Water transportation
- Identifier Terms: Suez Canal
- Uncontrolled Terms: Requirement
- Geographic Terms: Middle East; Persian Gulf
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Rates costs
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00166378
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-940-77081 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MA-6-38064
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM