SUBSURFACE INVESTIGATION, SECTION A015, ROCKVILLE ROUTE
Results are summarized herein of 77 test borings made in Section A015 of Rockville Route of the Washington Metropolitan Area Metro System. The exploration was performed to investigate conditions along the running line of the rapid transit system, which includes grade and aerial structures and the Twinbrook and Rockville Stations. The report includes a continuous geological section along the centerline of Metro tracks, special cross sections at station locations and other structures and parking lots, logs of the test borings, results of laboratory tests on soil samples and comments on potential design and construction problems.
- See also PB-260 692. Sponsored in part by Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, D.C. Prepared in cooperation with De Leuw, Cather and Co., Inc., Washington, D.C.
Utah State University, LoganUtah Water Research Laboratory
Logan, UT USA 84321
De Leuw, Cather and Company1201 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority600 Fifth Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20001
- Publication Date: 1977-3-31
- Pagination: 132 p.
- TRT Terms: Boring; Excavation and tunneling; Foundations; Geological surveying; Metropolitan areas; Rock mechanics; Routes; Subways; Underground structures
- Non-Preferred Terms: Soil surveying; Subsurface investigations
- Geographic Terms: Maryland; Virginia; Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Subway railways
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00166275
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MRWJ-77-151
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 2002 12:00AM