HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDE FOR SERVICE STATIONS
The report is a booklet giving health and safety guidelines for service stations. Contents include: general duty clause, health and safety program, reducing unsafe acts and practices, safety rules for operating power tools, ramp area and pump island, service bays, tow trucks, frequently violated regulations, walking and working surfaces, ladders, exits, occupational health and environmental control, hazardous materials, personal protection, sanitation, medical aid, fire protection, portable fire extinguishers, compressed air equipment, machine guarding, power tools, welding, cutting, brazing, electrical requirements, recordkeeping requirements, checklists, and information sources. Also included is a list of NIOSH and OSHA Regional Offices, a Fire Extinguisher chart, an Emergency Information chart, and a How to Lift Safely chart.
National Institute for Occupational Safety and HealthPublic Health Service
Cincinnati, OH United States 45202
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Pagination: 77 p.
- TRT Terms: Compressed air; Environmental control; Fire causes; Fire prevention; Fires; First aid; Flammable liquids; Floors; Guides to information; Hazardous materials; Health; Hydraulic equipment; Industrial hygiene; Medical services; Motor fuels; Noise control; Occupational safety; Prevention; Protection; Protective clothing; Ramps; Safety; Safety equipment; Service stations; Sewerage structures; Stairs; Tools
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction; Sanitation
- Old TRIS Terms: Guides; Ladders; Stairways
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00166265
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NIOSH-75/139, DHEW/PUB/NIOSH75/139
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1978 12:00AM