COAL RESERVE STUDY, NEW RIVER GORGE, WEST VIRGINIA
The report is an appraisal of coal reserves in the New River Gorge area of West Virginia. It contains a description of the minable coalbeds in the area, an assessment of their reserves, and a study of the feasibility of mining from entries outside proposed boundaries of either a wild and scenic river area or a national park.
- Prepared in cooperation with Geological Survey, Reston, Va.
Bureau of MinesEastern Field Operation Center
Pittsburgh, PA United States 15213
U.S. Geological SurveyF Street Between 18th and 19th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20244
- Mory, P C
- Brocoum, A V
- Beers, A H
- Publication Date: 1977-3
- Pagination: 39 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal; Coal industry; Coal mining; Coal resources; Energy resources; Feasibility analysis; Forecasting; Freight traffic; National parks; Natural resources; Parks; Rivers; Traffic forecasting
- Geographic Terms: West Virginia
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00166252
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: BuMines-OFR-96-77
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM