TOURISM AND VACATION TRAVEL IN THE UNITED STATES (A BIBLIOGRAPHY WITH ABSTRACTS)
Economic and socioeconomic aspects of vacation travel and tourism in various localities of the United States are documented. Most of these studies deal with the use of tourism for the economic development of local communities. Special attention is given to wilderness, coastal zone, lake, waterway, and Indian Reservation areas. Planning for scenic and historic areas is cited. (This updated bibliography contains 105 abstracts, 26 of which are new entries to the previous edition.)
- Supersedes NTIS/PS-77/0292, NTIS/PS-76/0306, and NTIS/PS-75/148.
Alexandria, VA USA 22312
- Adams, G H
- Publication Date: 1977-7
- Pagination: 110 p.
- TRT Terms: Behavior; Bibliographies; Coasts; Communities; Economic development; Economic factors; Economic impacts; Historic preservation; Lakes; Recreation; Regional planning; Socioeconomic factors; Tourism; Transportation; Travel; Vacations; Waterways; Wilderness areas
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Coastal; Waterways (Transportation); Wilderness
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; History; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00166155
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Bibliog.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1978 12:00AM