TANKER STRUCTURAL EVALUATION
The study was for the purpose of examining tanker structural arrangements, determining those features having significant influence on cargo protection, and developing a means of evaluating relative performance of various structural configurations. An analytic procedure was developed and checked for correlation against previous results. A parametric study was then conducted analyzing the energy absorbing capability of several different structural arrangements against collision with an unyielding bow.
- Publisher assisted by U.S.S. Engineers and Consultants, Incorporated, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Rosenblatt (M) and Son, Incorporated350 Broadway
New York, NY USA 10013
- Stark, R L
- Chiang, W P
- Maniar, N M
- Kline, R
- McDermott, J
- Publication Date: 1972-4
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 289 p.
- TRT Terms: Defects; Energy absorption; Ship collisions; Structural analysis; Structures
- Uncontrolled Terms: Structural damage
- Old TRIS Terms: Collision damage protection
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Materials; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00037105
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Coast Guard
- Report/Paper Numbers: 723921 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-10,605A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 10 1972 12:00AM